Bellingham move could be announced soon
The Daily Mail believes that Real Madrid may be able to announce a deal for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham in the coming days.
Bellingham on target as Dortmund cruise past Gladbach
13/05/2023 AT 15:50
“The England international has long been tracked by the LaLiga side and Real Madrid have been the frontrunners since Liverpool dropped out of the race to sign the player due to the high fees he is set to command.
“Mail Sport revealed earlier this month that the Spanish side were closing in on their man after the midfielder was reported to have accepted the details of Madrid’s offer, but that the final transfer fee was yet to be discussed between the club and Dortmund. “
Kounde wants to stay at Barcelona
Jules Kounde has been linked with a move away from Barcelona just a year after joining from Sevilla.
The French defender, however, has made it clear that he hopes remain at Camp Nou and did not ask to leave.
“There have been many suggestions in the press that his time at Camp Nou could be coming to an end already.
“‘To make it clear: at no time did I ask to leave, so I’m not going anywhere,’ explained the France international, who, as MARCA reported on Wednesday, has launched a challenge to the club due to his dissatisfaction with Xavi for insisting on his right-back position.”
Battle for Southampton star hots up
The Sun believes that Southampton will look for around £40 million for their teenage midfielder Romeo Lavia.
The newspaper claims Chelsea and Liverpool are leading the race for the player, but Manchester City have first refusal.
“The 19-year-old joined the Saints from Manchester City last summer for £14million.
“The midfielder has shone on the South Coast during his 33 appearances despite Southampton being relegated from the Premier League.
“Both Chelsea and Liverpool are in the running to sign him.
“However, despite a clause that says he can be brought back to the Etihad if Man City match any bid made for him, his former club are not believed to be keen.”
United concerned over Mount fee
The Mirror believes that Manchester United are put off by the potential cost of Mason Mount.
The 24-year-old could leave Stamford Bridge for nothing next summer, and so they are sceptical of being asked to pay the £55 million that Chelsea are currently asking.
“The Blues have slapped a £55m price tag on the midfielder, who is also of interest to Liverpool and Arsenal. United are currently his preferred destination but negotiations over any transfer could rest on his value with Chelsea set to stand firm despite his contract situation.
“Mount has been in discussions with the West London club for much of the year but no agreement has been struck as he enters the final 12 months of his deal. United have several areas they want to strengthen, but may be against paying more than £50m for a player who could be available for nothing in a year.”
Real Madrid launch double swoop for Mbappe and Bellingham – Paper Round
10/05/2023 AT 22:13
Ferdinand says Bellingham should join ambitious Real Madrid after Liverpool end interest
15/04/2023 AT 11:23
Read the full article here